Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Speaking of aardvarks, here's a list of some of my favorite animals in no particular order...

Yes the Aardvark. I mean just look at it. It looks too cool with those big ears and long nose, and if not for being hunted, it would have the greatest life. Plus they have the funniest name, hands down. (AARDVARK!) They remind me of a dog too. And you know, they really should have their own theme song when they walk.





--------------------

The Tree Sloth. What's not to love about this slow moving old feller? I don't know, maybe these guys and gals have the best life.















--------------------

The Panda Bear. It's not possible to not love Pandas. If I didn't think It would rip my face off, I would love to give one a hug like this guy.



--------------------

The mighty Crocodile. They're badass and don't take no shit from nobody. Plus they're a living dinosaur.



--------------------

The industrious Beaver. How exactly do they make their homes and dams? Beats me, but I'd put them up against any human in a contest to make them. Plus they're just so damn cute. Btw, I'm still not sure why a woman's hoo-hah is is called a beaver.



--------------------

The Otter (river or sea). Even cuter than any beaver, otters just seem so frickin' lovable to me. Plus the way they eat is amazing to watch



--------------------

The Platypus. It's an evolutionary masterpiece of confusion. I think it has survived for so long because predators don't know what the hell to make of it. Look at it, ha ha, I mean it's just so, ha ha, just so funny looking, HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! I want one for Christmas!



--------------------

Dolphins and Whales. I think dolphins are actually whales, aren't they? Well, they both have holes - you know... BLOWHOLES! I think they're both very intelligent - and maybe even sentient; and the dumb ones are less stupid than our dumb ones. I'd say it's a close contest anyway. I'm not sure which is dumber, beaching yourself, or driving your car into an obvious flood and thinking that your car will magically make it through.





--------------------

The ubiquitous squirrel. I always stop to watch when one of them is scampering up and down a tree. Plus I still feel bad that a ran one over with my car a few years ago. :(



--------------------

The Orangutan. They're just so hard to resist. Yeah some of the big males can be a little imposing, but to me it's not just about cuteness, but about how similar they seem to us. For me, of all the primates they are the most human like.



--------------------

The Porcupine. Well, I wouldn't exactly say they're cuddly, but they are something to behold.



--------------------

The Sea Lion and the Seal. Who doesn't love them and their intelligence? I'd rather not see them doing tricks for our enjoyment, but that's another subject.



--------------------

The majestic Elephant. I just find them mesmerizing to watch; you can certainly see that there is something going on behind their eyes besides instinct.



--------------------

The Whale Shark. Okay I know it's a fish (the biggest fish that exists), but it's still an animal, and a beautiful and graceful one.



--------------------

The Great White Shark. All sharks are cool, and a joy to watch - from a safe vantage point. This is not the view that you want to see in person.



--------------------

The Kangaroo. I'm pretty sure this animal was brought here by aliens. It would be a hard man that didn't find them a fascinating creature. Just look at those ears! :D



--------------------

The Thompson Gazelle. A beautiful creature, and it can jump like a super ball.



--------------------

The Bovine family. In particular, the Cow and the Buffalo. I just think they're noble animals. If not for them, who knows, we might not have civilization. As a vegetarian I can't see the point in using them as meat anymore, but I certainly acknowledge that there was a time when they were lifesavers, and I don't judge people that still eat them - I might not be here if people didn't use them in the past. And of course cows are just funny. ;o)





--------------------

The Jellyfish. Despite what people might think of them, you can't deny the sometimes breathtaking beauty of these animals.



--------------------

The mighty Tiger. They're just awesome animals. I like all the big cats, but these are especially magnificent in my eyes.



--------------------

And of course the good old House Cat and Dog. Who can deny them their place in our hearts??





--------------------

So that's it. Lot's of animals, I know. I pretty much like them all, and there are more I could add. But these are the ones that hold my attention more than any others for various reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment